It’s a new year (well, it was when I first wrote this…), so some new year’s resolutions/plans are in order I think.
1. I’m going to start blogging about my sewing. Whether I actually work up the guts to press “Publish” rather than “Save Draft”, we shall see.
2. Specific sewing goals:
- I want to sew a little black dress. A little bit fancy, certainly not everyday wear.
- Knit a cardigan/jumper – I found a good looking one on ravelry.
- Sew a basic blazer. It is well beyond my ability level, but I figure if it bombs I’ll still probably learn a lot.
- Learn to install a zipper properly. Maybe just get an invisible zipper and some spare fabric and practice. (Done! Thank you By Hand London tutorial!)
- Start figuring out how much each me-made item costs me. Doesn’t matter too much, but would be interesting.
3. Garments to sew
• Liberty sundress
• Black taffeta Colette Truffle dress
• Colette Pastille dress
• Silky nightie
• Half slip (Done!)
• Crinoline (I bought one instead…)
• Passport dress (Done, not blogged. Don’t really like it and the one I do like disintergrated in the wash…)
• Knit two cardigans
4. Sewing techniques to learn
• Lapped zippers
• Finishing bias tape (Done!)
• Invisible zippers (Done!)
• Facings (Done!)
• Sew taffeta (Eh… that poly rubbish didn’t really count…)
• Make adjustments to a muslin so it actually fits
• Insert hook and eye
• Quilting on sewing machine.
Let the sewing commence!