Yet another summery Elisalex dress!
I made this dress side by side with the pink floral version I posted a few weeks ago. I love when I know a pattern fits me and I can just blast through the process! The fabric is a sheet set I bought, once again, at the op shop I work at. Seriously, I get so excited when I get to sort through the newly-donated linen. I’ve found some great stuff!
This is quite a heavy sheet (maybe the same weight as a quilting cotton, but with a coarser weave). This isn’t quite as summery and light as my voile version, but it’s really cute and, to be honest, will probably get more wear.And, best of all, I still have enough sheet left to make another dress, at least! And check out my lapped zipper – I’m getting better at this!
This was a super fast, easy make.
I loved my Brown Summery Elisalex. I wanted another.
I had a light floral cotton voile stashed from plans to make a breezy summer dress three months ago. I’d planned a Burda pattern – even PAID for it. Then I went changed my mind about it. Flip!
Anyway, an Elisalex it was destined to be! I sewed this up side by side with another, soon to be blogged, Elisalex. This made the process both faster and more tedious (and therefore slower). As efficient as it is, I’ve found that I really don’t enjoy sewing multiple identical items simultaneously. It just doesn’t work for me.
I’ll admit, I wasn’t hugely inspired by this project. I wanted more summer dresses for this brutal weather we’d been having (not really hot, but SO MUGGY). I’m not really sure about the fabric print anymore. I mainly bought it because it was the most acceptable print of any of Spotlight’s voiles at the time.
Eh. Anyway, it’s made, it’s practical, I like it and I’ll wear it.
That’s all you need, surely!
Dress zip – $1.79
Fabric – 2m at $14.99/m = $30
Bias tape – $3.49
Plus $6 on a pattern I’ll probably never use…